About Me

we both love to drink pickle juice. Yes, from the jar. And no, not the sweet kind. you can also see more info and pics about us at www.myspace.com under the name dancing feather.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Fives

The Fives...tag yourself
5 Things I was doing ten years ago
1. Starting my tenuous second year of college as an art major
2. Lifeguarding at the HPER
3. Trying to survive on quarters and bumming car rides
4. Making Japanese dinners with my roommate Lori "Chickie Mama"
5. Crazy nights were just the beginning of that terribly hard and revealing year

5 Things I was doing 5 years ago
1. Had more money than I ever had, working full time with great people I have never forgotten
2. Living life to its utmost, reliving another childhood complete with costumes and pumpkin innards, jumping in water fountains and singing in the middle of the city
3. Breaking up and getting back together with the first love of my life
4. Head lifeguard for Lake Pearl and all my beautiful little campers
5. Trained for triathalons and had a body harder than rock. Sigh...

5 Things I was doing a year ago
1. Living with crutches after I shattered my ankle chasing after one of my dogs
2. Making my first Thanksgiving Dinner all by myself and it ROCKED
3. Coaching my first swim team in Utah and loving it
4. Painting every room in our new home- vibrant grass green? Too bad, baby- it's going up!
5. Taking afternoon walks with my hunny and our dogs around our beautiful, mountain filled, crisp aired parks and trails

5 snacks I really enjoy
1. Guacamole
2. Olive Oil and Rosemary Trisquits
3. Dark Chocolate covered rasins
4. Red Seedless Grapes
5. Almond Joys

5 Things I did yesterday
1. Worked 8 -5
2. Feverishly organized all our overdue bills
3. Picked up my paycheck
4. Ordered take out dinner and fed the dogs
5. Crashed on the couch and was asleep by 9 pm (ok, give me a break...i'm recoverying from being sick!)

5 Jobs I've had
1. Florist
2. Swim instructor
3. Office Administrator
4. Telemarketer
5. Coach

5 things I would do if I had a million dollars
1. Pay off all our debt! Then pay of my family's debt. Then buy my best friends new cars.
2. Fix up our house
3. Buy two small homes (a cabin in the woods with lots of land, and a small bungalow on the ocean somewhere....maybe I'll just buy my own island...!)
4. Buy a sailboat
5 Tithe

5 TV shows that I like
1. The Office
2. Lost
3. Divine Design & reDesign (HGTV)
4. The Cooking Channel in general
5. Planet Earth

5 Things I hate doing
1. Thinking of things I hate
2. Waking up to darkness and driving home in darkness. Missing every hour the sun is out.
3. Talking to creditors
4. Sweeping EVERY DAY the accumulated dog hair on my kitchen floor and carpets
5. Traffic

5 Biggest joys of the moment
1. It's fall. My most favorite season.
2. How happy my two dogs are, every day, every moment, to see me.
3. Knowing (finally) what it is that I am meant to do in this life, and working towards that.
4. The honesty and utter connection between Brent and I.
5. The knowledge that with only the power of my mind, spirit and heart, I can choose which moments bring me joy, no matter what else is going on around me.

3 comments:

Heidi Louise said...

Hey... how are you? Of course you can tell me I am pretty... I will never refuse a compliment. You are too kind!

How is life? I miss you! Small world running into Ty. And of course he remembered you. How could anyone forget you?

suvi said...

looking for friends in the blog world, eh? well, I am all for it. Instead of studying, i like to catch up on friends' blogs, and now I'll actually know something about your life!

come visit mine
www.talesofthesummerchild.blogspot.com

love,
suvi

Erin said...

you love chocolate covered raisins too. we were so mfeo! and by buying best friends cars...one of those was for me right? i will pray every night that you win that kind of money!