About Me

we both love to drink pickle juice. Yes, from the jar. And no, not the sweet kind. you can also see more info and pics about us at www.myspace.com under the name dancing feather.

Friday, September 28, 2007





My husband...What is his name? Brent Alan

How long have you been together? Since December 5, 2003. Got married in Boston October 9th, 2004.

First Date: He took me to Salt Lake- Macaroni Grill and walking around Temple Square. We also ended up at Starbucks, I think- for the now traditional Caramel Apple Cider. It was so warm for December that year, and he just stared at me while I ate my dinner. Made me self-conscious, because I have always been a girl to eat well on a date!

First kiss: At his apartment, about a week or so after we started dating. Man his lips were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life. Truly, they tasted even better. =O)

How old is he? 30

Who eats more? Unless it's a platter of brownies- him.

Who said I love you first? He Did. It took me a lot longer, but I admired his bravery!

Who is taller? I'm 5'7", he's 6'2". Perfect for even my tallest heels...

Who sings better? I'm more trained than he is, but his voice is surprisingly unique and pleasant. That sounds funny, but it's true!

Who is smarter? English, Literature, Finances, Cooking, Art, Music: me. Everything else? Him.

Who does the laundry? Both of us, whoever thinks of it first.

Who does the dishes? Mostly him, since I cook- and it's a hard rule- whoever cooks don't clean.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do. Ha, like Natalie- I want him closer to the door. I just sleep easier!

Who pays the bills? Me. With my spread-sheet-tracking-anal-retentiveness-supporting-system.

Who mows the lawn? Him. With his brand new (not so inexpensive) Honda 5000 (or something like that) mower. "But Monica, we'll never have to buy another mower again!"

Who cooks dinner? Me. Unless I want Hawaiian Haystacks or chicken quesadillas.

Who drives when you are together? Him, unless he's faking being so tired he can't keep his eyes open...wait a minute, that little ars!

Who is more stubborn? Probably me.

Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? He does. Hands down.

Whose parents do you see the most? Sigh, his. Mine are 3,000 miles away. His are 45 minutes.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me. But it was fairly mutual...you know, when you don't break the gaze? It was magic. And is still the thing I enjoy doing most on this earth. Well....maybe not the most....

Who proposed? Him. At the same place and time (apprx. 1 a.m.) May 23rd, 2004 where we had hung out the first night we met. He had put it off for almost a month because I had gotten (of all things) walking pneumonia, and was still a hacking, stuffed up, incapacitated girl. But when he had the ring, he couldn't wait any more. I'm glad.

Who is more sensitive? Both of us fairly equally. He's not afraid to cry and I love that about him, in fact every male in his entire family boo-hoo's about something on a regular basis. It's the most peculiar thing to see, seeing as I have still never seen my father shed a tear. But, when in Rome...cry with them.

Who has more friends? Him. Definitely. I have fewer, but they're more bosom buddies than just hang out friends. I prefer it that way.

Who has more siblings? He has 5. I have 2. He wins.

Who wears the pants in the family? Occasionally, he likes to don a pleated skirt...and I let him!

1 comment:

Erin said...

oh I remember coming home from work and hearing about you and this guy Brent...and then catching you guys making out in the apt sometimes...he made you sooo happy. how cute are you two. I love that he is good at chicken quesadillas...James is amazing at those also!